Friday, May 27, 2011

So I'm moving to France....

I can still barely beileve that those words are true! I found out in April that I was accepted to the TAPIF (Teaching Assistsantship Program in France) program, and I recently bought a ONE-WAY plane ticket to Paris that leaves on September 20. It's only one-way because I cannot buy a round trip with a return date past January 2012, and I'll be coming back in May 2012. We'll see if I buy a return ticket ;) hehe. Kidding!


I have been placed in Rouen, France, and my job will be helping a French teacher in an English class - so essentially, I will be an English teacher in an elementary school.




There I am!

Rouen is the capital city of Normandy. As you can see, Rouen itself is quite large. I do not find out where exactly in Rouen I will be teaching for another couple of months. The agony!


Here is a picture of the Rouen Cathedral, as painted by Monet:


I can't wait to explore another area of France, and hopefully more of Europe. I teach 12 hours per week, so I should have plenty of time (and hopefully money!) to travel!


Until then I am waiting patiently for my arrĂȘtĂ© de nomination to tell me where my home will be from September 20, 2011 to May 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment